Our repair kits are compiled of Honda’s own caliper repair kit plus extra items needed for a more complete rebuild.
It is necessary to repair brake calipers because they are an essential component of the braking system that plays a critical role in stopping the vehicle. Brake calipers are responsible for gripping and applying pressure to the brake pads, which in turn clamp down on the brake rotor to slow or stop the car. When brake calipers start to wear or fail, it can lead to several problems, such as:
- Reduced braking performance: Damaged or worn brake calipers can reduce the amount of pressure applied to the brake pads, which can result in reduced braking performance and increased stopping distances.
- Uneven brake pad wear: Damaged or worn brake calipers can cause uneven wear on the brake pads, which can lead to uneven braking and reduced performance.
- Pulling to one side: Damaged or worn brake calipers can cause the vehicle to pull to one side while braking, which can be dangerous and cause an accident.
- Noise: Damaged or worn brake calipers can create noise, such as squeaking or squealing when braking, which can be noticeable while driving.
- Reduced fuel efficiency: Damaged or worn brake calipers can cause the vehicle to work harder, which can lead to reduced fuel efficiency.
- Reduced lifespan of brake pads: Damaged or worn brake calipers can cause the brake pads to wear out faster, which can be costly to replace.
It’s important to note that brake calipers can be damaged or worn out due to a variety of issues such as corrosion, leaks, wear, or exposure to harsh chemicals, and it’s not always easy to diagnose the problem. Regularly inspecting your brake system and having a professional mechanic check it out is the best way to make sure the calipers are working properly. Repairing or replacing the brake calipers can help to restore proper function to the braking system, preventing problems and ensuring your vehicle will stop safely.
Both front and rear kits are included. Please choose the correct kit based on the year of your NSX.
Front and Rear Kits
Screw – Bleeder x4
Cap -Bleeder x4
Bolt – Oil x8