It may be necessary to replace the window guide rails for a Honda/Acura NSX for several reasons, such as:
- Age and wear: The window guide rails are exposed to extreme temperatures, vibration, and other environmental factors, which can cause them to wear over time. As the guide rails age, they can become damaged, brittle, or corroded, which can lead to issues with the window operation or even failure.
- Improper operation: Window guide rails can become misaligned, or the plastic guides can become worn, causing the windows to bind or become difficult to operate. This can be caused by improper window operation, such as forcefully closing the window or by exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Upgrades or modifications: Many enthusiasts or racers upgrade or modify their NSX’s window mechanism to extract more performance, but it requires a custom guide rail that can handle the increased power and voltage.
- Maintenance: If the guide rails have been damaged in a collision or by exposure to water, it should be replaced.
- Aesthetics: Upgraded guide rails can be an upgrade over the factory parts, and can give a subtle touch of class and improved function to the vehicle.
Replacing window guide rails is a complex task that requires specialized tools and knowledge, so it’s best to have a professional mechanic or an experienced technician to do it. It’s important to use high-quality, OEM or aftermarket guide rails to ensure proper fit and function, and to avoid causing any other issues with the window mechanism.
Our set includes the necessary spacers required for the installation.