The OEM rubber bushings for the control arms are not available to be ordered separately. T3Tec has made reinforced metal control arm bushings to perform better and offer serviceability, a feature not available on the OEM counterpart.
It may be necessary to change the control arm bushings to metal for several reasons, such as:
- Improved handling and stability: The rubber bushings that are typically used in control arms can compress under load and can introduce play or flex into the suspension, which can negatively impact handling and stability. Metal bushings, on the other hand, are much more rigid and can help to improve handling and stability by reducing the amount of flex in the suspension.
- Increased durability: Rubber bushings can wear out over time, especially when the vehicle is used for performance driving or track use. Metal bushings are more durable and can withstand more stress, which can help to extend the lifespan of the control arm and improve reliability.
- Improved ride quality: Rubber bushings can create a softer ride, but if the bushings are worn out, the ride can become harsh. Metal bushings can provide a more direct and precise feel, which can improve ride quality and provide a more sporty driving experience.
- Increased resistance to deflection: Metal bushings are more resistant to deflection than rubber bushings, which can help to maintain proper suspension geometry, improve alignment, and reduce tire wear.
- Increased safety: Rubber bushings can fail, especially if the vehicle is used for performance driving or track use, which can cause the control arm to fail and cause an accident. Metal bushings can provide increased safety and reduce the risk of failure.
It’s important to note that metal bushings are typically more expensive than rubber bushings and can be noisier. Also, metal bushings can be more harsh, especially on rough roads and can transmit more vibrations to the cabin. It’s important to consult with a professional mechanic to determine if metal bushings are the best option for your specific vehicle and driving needs.
Each option is a different set of bearings. Please choose the correct option for your application.
Comes in a set of two, one for each side.