OEM 2000+ NSX ABS Upgrade. This setup helps early model NSXs that are suffering from a failing / underperforming ABS system. The 1991-1999 ABS system is prone to breaking down and needing to have the accumulator overhauled.
The 2000+ standard and NSX-R ABS modulator differ in a few key ways;
- The standard, Type S, and Type S Zero all utilize the same brake hardware and the software is tuned to provide optimum performance in a wide range of conditions and driving situations. This system is proven to be ideal for almost all NSX customers except the most hardcore track-only oriented builds.
- The NSX-R uses a smaller brake master cylinder and brake booster, the modulator is programmed slightly differently to accommodate this difference. The programming is also suited towards only track driving and can cause less-than-perfect performance when on city streets.
The differences between the MITA and other ABS upgrade kits are very notable, of course we believe our product to be superior. Allow us the opportunity to tell you why we believe this
- Our substantial savings comes from our direct involvement and close relationship with Honda Headquarters here in Japan. We are able to acquire the parts at a very reasonable price and it is our philosophy that any savings we get, we pass on to our customers.
- If you look at the other ABS kit advertisement, you’ll see that many aftermarket parts such as wire ties, clips, bolts, nuts, and brake line/hose couplers in order to save our competitors from buying the more expensive parts from Honda. MITA believes a special car like the NSX requires the quality, performance, and peace of mind only OEM parts can provide. We include all the necessary OEM hardware to make your ABS conversion as close to the factory 2000+ cars as possible. This strict adherence to only using OEM parts ensures that the performance, quality, and value of your beloved NSX is not diminished.
- Our competitors decided to not include a part we at MITA believe to be very essential to any ABS conversion; the ABS light relay. Without this relay being installed the “ABS” indicator light in the dash will illuminate and stay lit indefinitely. Having an erroneous malfunction indicator lamp on all of the time is not only an annoyance, it is also potentially dangerous in MITA’s opinion. The indicator lamp is an important diagnostic feature used to notify you if there is a problem detected with your ABS system. Our competitors sells this relay separately, whereas MITA includes it at ZERO additional cost to you.
- The last difference we will note between our competitors and the MITA ABS conversion kits is the harness itself. One feature that none of our competitors conversion harnesses offer is the compatibility of the factory diagnostic tool into the harness. MITA worked together with the world renowned NSX experts at T3TEC to develop a harness that meets or exceeds the factory wiring standards without losing any of the OE functionality, including the ability to utilize all of the Honda tools and diagnostic equipment so your ABS system could be serviced at your local Honda/Acura dealer as if it was a 2000+ car.
In order to change to the newer ABS systems to the later generation NSXs, an electrical harness is required. The updated harness developed with T3Tec fits both Honda NSXs or Acura NSXs and can use the OEM error check connector.
1995-1999 applications only: The ABS indicator light relay must be replaced
Full Kit includes:
NSX-R Modulator / 2000-2005 Modulator
3x Rubber Grommets
2x Required Bolts
S Brake Pipe
T Brake Pipe
U Brake Pipe
V Brake Pipe
W Brake Pipe
X Brake Pipe
Y Brake Pipe
Z Brake Pipe
3x Brake Pipe Clips
4x Required Bolts
ABS Upgrade Electrical Harness
Updated model removes the previous retrofit check connector and replaced with an updated version which allows the OEM error check connector to be used.
MITA MOTORSPORTS IS THE ONLY SUPPLIER OF A FULL INSTALL PACKAGE INCLUDING AN UPDATED ELECTRICAL HARNESS THAT CAN USE THE GENUINE ERROR CHECK CONNECTOR.
Installation Video Guide from AHC Garage: